Sunday, January 20, 2008

Turkey Day






Thanksgiving was difficult this year. Dana came up to visit but her father was in the hospital. I checked on him for her and then hubby's brother was in the hospital so I visited him too. I had dinner with Dana's mom and her sister at Boston market but I think someone slipped me a Mickey because I ended up in the hospital with a Kidney Stone? It was very painful and we met the creepiest nurse. They stuck me in this back room and I had an allergic reaction for the first time in my life to an adhesive. The creepy nurse went on and on about allergic reactions and how her mother was paralyzed from a reaction and doom and gloom ad nauseum. I swear she specialized in intimidation!
I picked Dana up at the airport and drove her to her mom's. The following Day I cleaned up around the house, set the table and then spent some time playing pie fairy. I delivered pies and rolls to my sister and Dana's house for the big day. Dana had me laughing so hard because her father wanted to have my turkey left overs. The nerve! He planned his leftovers with my turkey!
We spent Thanksgiving quietly at home with just out family and my aunt. It was a nice dinner, the food was excellent and we visited my sister for dessert. It's always good to see friends and family.
After Thanksgiving, Dana came and stayed with us for two days. We spent an afternoon at the shore, tried our luck at the craps table in Cesar's, spun the Roulette wheel at the Tropicana and had dinner in the courtyard Chinese restaurant. Great conversation and great food although Dana did get sick later. (It wouldn't be a vacation if Dana didn't get sick!)
After dinner we caught a Rickshaw ride back to Cesar's, my hips were aching, and were both entertained with a round of hysterical conversation with our driver on the Boardwalk. I didn't feel safe but our Rickshaw driver assured me that they had really cleaned up the boardwalk.
The following day we visited friends in Riverside, went shopping at Target and by then it was time for our trip back to the airport. I told Dana how much I enjoyed her company, loved playing along in our conversations (she is so great for creativity) and with a big hug and kiss, sent her on her way!