Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tampa,Fla

Arriving in Tampa seemed like coming home after I had spent so much time there with Dana over the summer. It wasn't a pleasant arrival. After a screaming match with the car rental agent because they didn't have the car we ordered, we finally got on the road, got lost, called Dana for directions and then got a speeding ticket. By the time we arrived at Dana's. aggravation was already high. We spent a few days visiting with Dana and Shannon,had dinner at O'Brady's, spent some time at the spectacular pool and then drove ahead to Tampa.
Dana and Shannon joined us a few days later at the resort where we spent some time oggling the dream team by the pool, discussing John Edwards and trying to relax. We made a turkey dinner in the suite and went to the movies. We shopped for curtains and clothes and generally had a good time.
The drive back to Dana's topok about three hours longer than necessary. We got lost and had a hard time getting to her house. I'm not going back to tampa without a map. We spent two more days with Dana chatting about her social security issues and Peter, whom I had the pleasure of meeting on a previous visit.
On our way back to the airport we returned the car and were treated to a chauffer drive back tot he airport. first time ever a car rental drove me right to the check in door. After saying goodbye, the boys and I checked in fior our flight home, a full flight and I managed to get seated next to an IRS agent. How fun is that? Full plane and no where to get away!!!!
As luck would have it she was very nice, although unsympathetic when I detailed my current woes. Her traveling companion was very nice and even reminded me to grab my key lime pie from the overhead bin. Nice of him! Almost forgot.