Monday, January 21, 2008

Orlando





Hubby found us a great place in Florida to stay. It was very private with a lanai covered pool. It was heated and wonderful on the muscles. andrew stayed with us for a few days before heading off to umpire school. We went shopping New Years eve (Big mistake. The store was crowded, almost a half an hour in line. We celebrated quietly. I think I was asleep before eleven. Caught a few shots of New Years on the TV. Fulfilled my MVS requirements and then went to sleep.
We did take a stroll through one of the outlets in Orlando on International Drive. A poor man had lost his wife and was checking for her up and down. He did find her in the Coach outlet! Whew! Sigh of relief!
Hubby had a convention to attend so we swithched hotels to the Rosen Plaza. Over all it was a nice trip but too long. I don't want to be away from home for that long of a time period. The kids missed the dogs and it was kind of boring. Not much to do.
After crashing in florida, it felt so good to get home and sleep in bed. When we first walked into the house everything seemed so diffferent and confusing, almost disorienting. That's why I don't think I will take such a long vacation again. I think I sopent a week in there before I finally felt able to get up and do what I needed to at home. My suitcase isn't unpacked yet. It's all summer clothes so its no rush. I have to admit my expectations were higher and I was disappointed.