Monday, January 21, 2008

A Costa Cruising






Costa Cruises are very different from Carnival. I have to be honest, I didn't enjoy it as much as previous cruises. Hubby wanted less kids )which Carnival is full of) and the European style cuisine sounded appealing. Our quarters were tight, four of us sharing one cabin but we managed. The food was less than spectacular but we did enjoy the evening dinners. Formal night was the second night on board. There was a nice lounge outside of the formal dining room and I enjoyed sitting there relaxing in the evening people watching. Our first day in port was in Puerto Rico. It was a short time period and we had been there before, so Keebie and I opted to stay onboard. We had lunch on the ship, perused the Internet and went swimming.
Our second stop was In Saint Maarten which I was really looking forward to. Unfortunately the day was a bust. Mixed up communication delayed our car rental, although we did get to do a little shopping in Phillupsburg. We did drive over to the French side to a city called Marigot. It was as beautiful as I remembered. We didn't stop, just drove around and I was a little upset about that but made the best of it. It was a bad day and one I am not anxious to repeat.