Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tampa



































Tampa is a beautiful city. Surrounded by water and connected by causeways or bridges , you can spend alot of time getting lost. The last time I was in Tampa I drove over the causeway connecting Tampa to Clearwater at least tentimes. This time I made it to Tarpon Springs in one try. (I was proud of myself.)



After dropping the kids off at Busch Gardens I went back to the hotel, surfed the web a little bit and then drove into downtown Tampa. I watched a badmitton game, visited a masoleum and toured the Performing Arts Center next to the library. Then I took a drive out to Tarpon Springs (Love it there and coming back in July) and then I spent some time at a restaurant, had a Shirley Temple and read the latest superman comic book. It was a pleasant educational afternoon.




Afterwards, I picked up the boys and drove to Cape Coral. If I ever decide to buy a house in Florida, it will be in Punta Gorda. For some strange reason, I always get lost there. I now know my way around Punta Gorda well.




The foloowing day Dana had her surgery and came through just fine. We won't mention the fainting or how they had to stand her on her head after the surgery, we are just pleased that there were no complicatons and her heart is in great shape. The kids came over from the hotel and we played board games, watched Shannon on her scooter and saw "Little Miss Sunshine." I've never seen a strip tease quite like that but the movie was heart warming.